Monday 13 January 2020

Look, Look - I found some family!


Once in a while I go back to the beginning on Ancestry for new hints – you know those annoying green leafs that, more often than not, suggest some random new lead but usually ends up being some person living in the wrong time and place. However, today, I struck gold!

My primary line of Vincent's via my grandparents has been maddening to work on with sooooo many dead ends but today I am closing off a few of Harriet Amelia King's (nee Vincent) children.

I wrote about Creighton Vincent King a while back and I knew that he had died in Florida, today, I found his obit and it has a lead!

The Miami News, 12 Apr 1947
Creighton V King Dies In Hospital Here
Creighton V King, 52, died in a hospital today. He lived at 240 NE 14th Ter, and came here eight months ago from White Plains, NY. Surviving are his wife, Mrs Clida M King of Miami, and three sisters, Mrs Sidney Loftus of White Plains, Mrs Maude Soutter of Springfield, Mass, and Miss Olive King of New Brunswick, NJ. Services will be at 2 pm Monday in Combs Funeral Chapel. Burial will be private.

His sister Laura has been a dead end for me until now - she is the one who married Sidney Loftus so I am off to fill out her family - YEEHAW

Oh, and I found their sister Maud Edith Soutter's obit

The Post Star, 23 Apr 1973
Mrs Edith M Soutter, 89, of Route 1, East Sunnyside Road, Glens Falls, died Saturday (April 1973) in Glens Falls Hospital after a long illness. She is survived by one son, Lawrence K Soutter, of the Town of Queensbury; a daughter, Mrs Allyn Vincent, of Glens Falls; a grandson, James L Fehl, of Glens Falls; one great-grandson. Private services will be conducted today. Interment will be in Pine View Cemetery. Arrangements are under the direction of the potter Funeral Home, 136 Warren St.
Look at me go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment