Tuesday 24 April 2018

Hezekiah Rogers & Hannah Vincent


So I have finished my direct line to the best of my ability – there is so much that has yet to be discovered but I don’t have access to the resources being some 6,000 km from Nova Scotia!  Yes, I see a trip in my future but until then, I am moving onto the next in line, or rather, revisiting a line I started a while ago.

That is, without knowing more about Charles of 1741 or his father Philip of 1715, I am working on Philip’s brother John.  

John Vincent was born abt 1707 at Westchester Co, NY and to date, his wife's name remains a mystery but as written in an older post, 9 children were identified in his will.

At the moment, I am lost in the world of the first child Hannah Vincent who married tanner & currier Hezekiah Rogers Jr in 1760.  Together they had 6 children, also found in his will, and I will be posting what I find but in the meantime, look at these beautiful stones courtesy of Karen Kelly and Irma on Find A Grave - Hezekiah & Hannah are buried at the Rogers Burial Ground Cemetery at Beekman, NY

Hezekiah Rogers 1738-1814

Hannah Rogers (nee Vincent) 1739-1812

No comments:

Post a Comment