Wednesday 25 January 2017

A Little Family



Writing the blog and the family research is more than just tracing my family line.  

It’s about sharing any stories I find and remembering that someone…was there…..

This little family of three is one of them – I wish I had an obit and/or pictures

James Lauchlin ‘Laughie’ MacLean was the 4th son, and one of 11 children, born at Strathlorne, Nova Scotia to William John McLean and Jessie Ann McLean.

Like his father, he was a farmer and he married Catherine Ann ‘Cassie’ Fraser at Truro in 1927.  They lost one child in 1940...

..then Laughie and Catherine both died in a car accident in 1959.   
They are buried at the St John's United Church Cemetery in Strathlorne, Nova Scotia but I wonder if there was more?

Lauchlin & Cassie's Marriage Certificate
Catherine's Death Certificate

1 comment: