Thursday 28 December 2017

Under The Hood - An Update

Family Search has just gone thru a huge update and one has to have an account to access the database ~~ as a result, imagine my delight when I discovered that for some records, you can go right in and examine the film!  

Hence, I found out what happened to John Thomas Hood.

Originally I posted that he died in Rhode Island but the family had not lived there.  Before the update, FHL had an index death entry which stated he died in Woonsocket, RI and Ancestry has a death index for Franklin, MA where the family lived.

Well, thanks to the update, I now know he died as a result of a fractured skull from being hit by a car (ouch) and that he was returned to Massachusetts to be buried with his family at Union Cemetery! 

FHL - Rhode Island Deaths and Burials 1802-1950





No comments:

Post a Comment