Sunday 26 June 2016

Edith Vincent




Great Balls of Fire, I am on a Roll!!!

From the beginning my 4x grandfather’s family has been a pain in the research behind – what with  changing their name, religion & origin...then compound that with moving around - oy!

I recently closed of John L Vincent’s wife and today, I closed off another family member – hooray!!

Edith M Vincent, daughter of John W Vincent & Mary Ann Rogers, left with her mother and a few siblings including John L and headed to Boston in 1900. 

In 1909, Edith married Franklin Levi Slade, son of Wilbur Levi Slade and Annie Beatrice Quimby – a descendant of the Slade Spice Co - I had them on the 1910-1930 censuses and then they disappeared.

Today I found Frank’s 1942 WWII draft card.  What made this so amazing was that it put him in Washington, DC and…..with a new wife Lillian!!

From there a bit of searching thru the old newspapers on Ancestry and voilà – her obit!! It ran in the Washington Post, 24 Apr 1941 



And it has given me clues to 2 of her siblings....

Off... I ... go ....













No comments:

Post a Comment