Sunday 19 June 2016

Dead End Resolution




Dead Ends.   

We all have them.   

That person who just dropped off the face of all the records...

lost.....

gone......

pooofff!


I found 3 of mine today!!

A while back I wrote about John Lemuel Vincent and his wife Maria Giles Henderson McRobie – she was the daughter of the inventor of the fire extinguisher from Manitoba.

I recently found Maria’s burial!  She was right under my nose the whole time along with her 2nd husband!


Maria had a nasty habit of using aliases and I thought I had found them all – Idella, Della, Mary – but – who would have thought Miriah?   

She and her new husband, Charles Reed, are buried at the Oak Grove Cemetery at Gloucester, Massachusetts! 

Many, many thanks to J Swift who added the memorials to Find A Grave!!

And, Maria and John had one surviving child, Alice Maude or Alice L and for years, she too was a dead end.  I last had her living with her mother in 1920 after divorcing her first husband John T Sheedy.  I had thought he had died because she indicated she was a widow......

BUT - Alice remarried a gent with a surname Locke, I think Frederick G Locke abt 10yrs or so her junior.  I was able to confirm this via the Obituary Daily Times Index!  Obit Index

Wish I could get a hand on that obit because it might answer more questions about her family but what a find!!  I closed off 2 more family members!!






No comments:

Post a Comment