Saturday 11 November 2017

Was It All For Naught?


Nothing in genealogy is ever easy, nothing…..and I don’t know whether to be angry or sad ~~ ug.

So a bit back I posted about the work Ellie & I had done finding the family of Thomas Vincent & Matilda Taylor; and Thomas’s father John I Vincent & Mary Clements. Well….

It turns the John I who was named in Captain Jeremiah’s will could not be this John I!  At least it doesn’t appear to be so.

Ellie wrote to the NARA for a copy of his military packet and lo-and-behold, it declared his death date of 1814 in Plattsburgh and named his wife, Mary Clements – so we know we have the right connection(s) as far as he and his descendants go.  The problem is trying to connect him to Jeremiah.

Jeremiah’s will was written in 1821 and not probated until 1833 – he named a John I and a Stephen Vincent as executors.  He would not have named John if he had died ~~ need I say more – ug, ug, ug.

So I have disconnected the two until we can figure out who is who in the zoo. 


Does it mean Ellie is not related to me? Only time will tell but I am soooooo sad!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment