Monday 21 December 2015

Year End Note

Several thousand people later - you know, those girls I hadn't flushed out - I'm back! 

I am nearing the end of the Nova Scotian Vincent line, that is the descendants of  George Vincent & Mary Higgins and excited to move onto Charles' siblings, starting with John Vincent of 1707!

In George's line, I have discovered jewelers, gold diggers (yes, dug for gold in the Yukon not the marrying kind - well, some of those too!), criminals, dairy farmers, letter carriers, miners, insurance agents, real estate agents, bankers, railroad clerks and so much more!

Although a great many of those descendants remained in the Maritimes, I was struck by the sheer number of descendants who emigrated back to the homeland - the United States. 

I have written about some of them but the diversity will make for many great entries in the New Year....

For now...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!



No comments:

Post a Comment